MAC Lipstick purchases...

April 08, 2013

So I've become a little MAC lipstick obsessed lately so I thought that I would share my recent purchases. I picked up 3 new ones; Russian Red, Rebel and Candy-yum-yum. All 3 very well known to any makeup obsessed junkie.

I originally went in to find the "perfect Marilyn red" colour...where I came across Russian Red...I instantly new that it would be extremely flattering as the blue undertones make teeth look whiter (who doesn't want whiter teeth?) I paired this colour with the very famous MAC cherry lip pencil and both worked nicely together!

Tip - By filling in the whole lip with a lip pencil first will not only define but will also make the lipstick last longer!

As I was browsing around all the pretty lipsticks a couple others caught my eye..the first a very daring colour...one in which I would never usually go for...Candy-Yum-Yum...I've read about this new colour on many blogs and it seemed to get quite a hype amongst the beauty world so I had to have it...I must admit that I haven't actually worn this colour yet as its a very bright "Barrie" pink but It just looks so pretty sitting in my beauty box lol (that's how I justify that purchase) :)

Last but not least the colour I have worn the most ...Rebel...a beautiful deep reddy purple colour which is just so beautiful!! I pair this with a lip liner from Rimmel called Black Tulip which work amazing together.

Tip : For the illusion of fuller lips highlight your Cupid's bow and after application add a sparkling gloss to centre of lips.

(Picture of swatches from left to right...Candy-Yum-Yum, Rebel and Russian Red)








You Might Also Like

2 comments